Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist
- Req. Number: 2018-22787
- Posted Date: 11/13/2018
- Shift: 7-Rotates all Shifts: Day/Evening/Night
- Hours: 8 hours per pay period
- Address: 1600 E. High St.
- City, State: Pottstown, PA
- Department: Cardiovascular Laboratory
Heart Services Awards/Recognitions:
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery: 3 Years in a Row (2015-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack: 4 Years in a Row (2014-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure: 5 Years in a Row (2013-2017)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Acute MI and Heart Failure
- Disease-Specific Certification for Heart Failure Program
American Heart Association
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac CareBecker’s Hospital Review: Top 100 Hospital with Great Heart Programs in Nation
The Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist performs adult and pediatric echo, stress echo, dobutamine echo, transesophageal echo, including bedside/portable studies in the intensive care units.
Must be able to perform non-invasive diagnostic cardiac ultrasound procedures and assists with invasive ultrasound procedures at a technical level without requiring direct supervision.
Ensures delivery of quality service to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
On call and weekend rotation is required
- 2 year / Associate Degree: Graduate of an echocardiography program accredited by CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) OR Graduate of an echocardiography program accredited by CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs). (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree: BS or BA (Preferred)
Certification and Licensure Requirements:
- BLS Certification (Required)
- Must obtain a recognized credential through either ARDMS (The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or CCI (Cardiac Credentialing International) within specified time frame. (Required)
- ARDMS Registration (Preferred)
- Cardiac Credentialing International (Preferred)
Experience and Skills:
- 1-3 years Adult Echocardiography (Preferred)
- 1-3 years Pediatric Echocardiography (Preferred)
Preferred candidate will be self-motivated, compassionate and possess a high standard of medical ethics.