search jobEnter job title or location
- About us
- Other opportunities
- Career events
- Join talent community
Cardiac Sonography Technologist - Echocardiography - FT - Days,Req Id: 12705
Aurora, CO, US
- Share via email
- Share via Facebook
- Share via linkedIn
- Share via Twitter
Add to job cart
CARDIAC SONOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST - ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY
Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- UCHealth is an academic medical center/teaching hospital that is accredited through IAC.
- Opportunities to learn new procedures and participate in patient’s plan of care.
- UCHealth seeks candidates who desire the opportunity to work at the top of your license with highly skilled professionals.
- Excellent opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment.
- Work/Life: Set schedules, no swing shifts, Call is1:6. Competitive benefits including 403b match, pension plan, excellent assortment of affordable health coverage plans to meet your needs.
FTE Status: Full Time
FTE: 1.000000 (FTE x 80 = hours per pay period)
- Performs echocardiography procedures on patients. Selects and uses transducers according to anatomy; differentiates normal and abnormal structures; assures that sufficient information has been acquired to provide diagnosis. Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition and reports changes in status. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Basic Life Support
* Registered Sonographer
* Reg Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
* Registered Cardiovascular Sononographer
- Other information:
Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
Required Licensure/ Certification: Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). State licensure if required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and any relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
- Minimum Experience: None required.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Email this job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself or a friend.
To Email address
Aurora, CO, US
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address Activate
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Cardiac Sonography Technologist
Highlands Ranch, CO, US
Cardiac Sonography Technologist - CV Stress Lab
Highlands Ranch, CO, US
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Greeley Free Standing ED Full Time Nights Fri-Sun 6p-6a
Greeley, CO, US
CT XR Technologist-PRN
Littleton, CO, US
- About UCHealth
- Clinical Trials
- Find a Provider
- Give to UCHealth
- All Locations
- CU School of Medicine
- Quality Reports
- Community Benefits Report
- Classes & Events
- Health Library
- Health Tools
- Medical Services
- Cancer Care
- Heart and Vascular Care
- Brain, Nervous System and Stroke Care
- Primary Care
- Transplant Services
- Trauma Services
- Emergency care
- All Other Services
- Contact Us:
- Metro Denver
- Northern Colorado
- Colorado Springs Region
WE IMPROVE LIVES
From health care to health.
© 2018 UCHealth