Center City, Philadelphia, PA
The Business Development Analyst in JUP (Jefferson University Physicians) will support a wide variety of initiatives that span the Jefferson Health enterprise. The Business Development Analyst will engage with stakeholders throughout the Enterprise on projects, including market opportunity analyses, business development efforts and strategic planning initiatives.
- Gathers, tracks and analyzes market data from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Responsible for building and maintaining pro formas to identify new business and review existing business opportunities
- Ensures consistency of data, compliance with institutional policies, and assists in the deployment and development of new process that adhere to best practice standards.
- Summarizes and presents recommendations to inform and support leadership decision-making.
- Demonstrates initiative in supporting key decision makers, including regular distribution of analytic reports and following-up with colleagues on requests for information.
- Participates in the development of business plans for product and service development, and physician recruitment throughout the system.
- Utilizes Jefferson resources and databases to populate utilization models and build predictive models for improving decision-making processes.
- Provides analysis and research on Business Opportunities, including those involving outside partners.
- Participates in the strategic planning process for Jefferson's strategic initiatives and service lines, and assists in identifying strategic priorities and objectives.
- Coordinates group work between multiple departments throughout the Enterprise.
- Develops specific goals and metrics to measure success, track progress and ensure accountability amongst disparate stakeholders.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Administration, Public Policy or related field, is preferred.
2 to 3 years of business analysis and strategic planning development in a health care related field;
0 to 1 year of business analysis and strategic planning development in a health care related field with a Masters degree.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a strong understanding of analytics, with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- possess exceptional communication skills
- demonstrable experience in presenting conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership.
Additionally, the Business Development Analyst will be expected to work independently and adapt to tight deadlines in a faced-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and expectations.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in 10 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code