Associate Project Manager - Public Health Sciences-Social Sciences - Full-time, 40 hrs
Under administrative review, performs administrative and coordination work directed toward the design, implementation, evaluation, and review of the assigned project(s). Oversees the coordination of recruitment, enrollment, and follow-up activities of the study. Requires the use of judgment and discretion in performing the assigned duties and responsibilities related to the projects.
The selected candidate will be collecting medical history updates from participants on the WHI Outcomes study, will be collecting and reviewing medical records for participants, and will be assisting in the management of other aspects of the study, such as coordination of interest groups and logistical management of participant mailings.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Public Health, Basic Science, or a relevant clinical discipline with two years survey research experience including interviewing, supervision of data collection procedures, and training; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
Ability to provide direction to research staff
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Knowledge of computerized data processing and statistical analysis
Demonstrates knowledge of scientific principles
1. Responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of certain phases of the assigned project(s). Translates planning and design decisions into concrete activities and tasks to be undertaken and set priorities as appropriate.
2. Responsible for the administration and coordination of various aspects of the study.
3. Responsible for ensuring that aspects of the study are conducted in accordance with the study protocol.
4. Coordinates the hiring of study personnel and provides training, direction, guidance, and evaluation of work activities.
5. Coordinates recruitment, data collection, and follow-up activities.
6. Oversees and develops collection methods. Creates and revises study materials, forms, manuals, and brochures as requested.
7. Develops reporting procedures and provides progress reports.
8. Develops and documents quality control monitoring procedures and standards.
9. Develops computerized methods for monitoring and reporting on various aspects of the study.
10. Represents the project(s) to all related community agencies and organizations, serving as the study's liaison, spokesperson, and representative.
11. Establishes and maintain separate billing files on specific accounts related to individual departments/sections during the course of the project.
12. Orders and maintains adequate supplies for the project.
13. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.