Associate Chief PhysicistJob Location US-NC-Winston-SalemJob Opening ID 2019-62468 Facility Forsyth Medical Center Department Radiation Oncology Work Schedule 7:00am-5:00pm PRN Details flexible Category Radiation Oncology Job Status Full-Time Hire Rate USD $73.18/Hr. Max USD $121.96/Hr. Mid USD $97.57/Hr. PRN Rate USD $0.00/Hr. Job Opening Post Information* : Posted Date 2 days ago(10/22/2019 2:30 PM)
Novant Health is seeking an Associate Chief Physicist to provide operational oversight for Novant Health Greater Winston-Salem Market for radiation oncology medical physics and dosimetry services. The position will be responsible for leading/supervision of dosimetry and physics staff. Demonstration of effective leadership, consultation, relationship building, communication, decision making is expected. Responsible for ensuring quality and safety of radiation therapy services, execution and accountability. Ensure that all required quality assurance; inspections, calibrations, and verifications are performed and maintain compliance with radiation regulations including federal, state, nuclear regulatory commission, and healthcare facilities accreditation program. The Associate Chief will ensure that equipment and technology meet or exceeds standard of care.
- Education: MS or PhD in Medical Physics or a related field.
- Experience: 5 years of clinical medical physicists experience required. Experience leading/supervising team members preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certification in Therapeutic Radiological Physics by the American Board or Radiology or another certifying body recognized by the American College of Radiology in an equivalent specialty area.
- Additional Skills required: Must have excellent human relation skills, possess effective oral and written communication skills, and possess leadership and problem solving skills.
- Additional Skills preferred: Experience/competency in Stereotactic radiosurgery. Experience/competency in Brachytherapy procedures, including but not limited to permanent prostate seed implants. Good working knowledge of computers (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc). Experience/competency with the acceptance testing and commissioning of linear accelerators. Experience/competency with the acceptance testing and commissioning of treatment planning systems. Experience with shielding calculations for radiation therapy facilities.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Connect With Us!
Learn more about Novant Health