Assistant Nurse Manager - Trauma ICU
Provides clinical and administrative leadership support for a defined patient care area (s). Responsibilities include fostering a patient centered professional work environment through the implementation of the Theory of Human Caring, the nursing process, staff development and collaborative team interactions for the enhancement of the quality of patient care. Partners with the Nurse Manager to achieve goals to improve quality of care.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. BSN or BS in related field with two years' experience in nursing required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Active North Carolina RN licensure required. BCLS certification required. Certification in specialty required within one year of hire.
1. Provides leadership in collaboration with the Nurse Manager to staff to ensure short and long-term goals are met by developing and monitoring standards of performance and capitalizing on employee strengths, supporting the Mission, Vision, Core Values and Evidence-based practice. Facilitates appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for personnel.
2. Collaborates effectively by developing collegial relationships and communicating information effectively. Encourages communication and serves as a resource to staff and other departments.
3. Assists the Nurse Manager in coordinating nursing care with other healthcare disciplines and assists in integrating services across the continuum of care. Accountable for the quality and appropriateness of health care delivery and for the environment in which clinical nursing is practiced.
4. Promotes a culture of safety for patients, self, co-workers, and facility in conjunction with the Nurse Manager.
5. Ensures care is delivered with respect for patient's rights and preferences. Maintains privacy, confidentiality, and security for patients and staff.
6. Facilitates resolution of conflicts, collaborates with Service Excellence to promote service recovery, and empowers staff in decision-making through shared governance.
7. Assumes responsibility with the Nurse Manager for the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of the budgetary process for designated area(s).
8. Ensures a biogenic environment that stimulates the ongoing professional development of staff in accordance with the principles of Shared Governance, Theory of Human Caring, and professional practice.
9. Demonstrates value for professional nursing practice including the utilization of current standards, the nursing process and patient advocacy. In collaboration with the Nurse Manager takes responsibility for continuing education, developing best practices and maintaining the highest level of patient care and staff development.
10. Ensures/provides appropriate patient care in accordance with specific patient population. Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of the needs of the patient population specific to the defined clinical area. Maintains competency related to patient population and identifies strategies to meet related needs.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with the team
- Functions effectively under stressful and difficult situations
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment
- Technology/informatics skills
- Clean, well-lit, comfortable environment
- Potential exposure to contamination with bloody or bodily fluids, requiring protective equipment
- Highly stressful, dynamic conditions
- Required Protective Equipment: eye/face protection, gown, mask, gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.