Enterprise Database Team
The Application Analyst II is responsible for understanding in-depth department workflows and partners with customers to translate the changing clinical research and clinical education needs into system configurations. The Application Analyst II is vital in the configuration, testing and implementation of software upgrades. The Application Analyst II partners with the application team while working collaboratively with our customers to bring cutting edge technology to the department and ensuring that our customers are satisfied. The Application Analyst II will work closely with the Manager, Technical Lead or Application Analyst Senior in the coordination of new projects from development to successful implementation. This role will interface with all areas of Information Technology and Services and will ensure that their team interfaces with all other ITS teams to keep our customer and our patients as our number one focus.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience. Three (3) years of relevant configuration/programming experience. Experience in healthcare or healthcare related environment preferred.
REPORTS TO: Manager, ITS Systems
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Epic certification or achievement of applicable system training/proficiency within 6 months .
1. Coordinates projects with limited scope. Interacts with customers to analyze, define and evaluate project requests. Sets and maintains customer expectations.
2. Performs in-depth analysis of workflow and business operations working closely with the Applications team and end-users from the operational departments impacted by the system(s). Understands how workflow decisions translate to application configurations. Completes moderate build/configuration activities to support operational workflows and business processes.
3. Collects, interprets, and documents specifications required to develop new or revise existing functionality.
4. May perform intermediate programming and/or scripting in a variety of programming languages relevant to an assigned project or system.
5. Prioritizes and implements changes requested for the system. Coordinates software updates and changes with users, and thoroughly reviews and tests each new release.
6. Performs data reporting utilizing reporting tools or direct authoring in Structured Query Language (SQL).
7. Performs data extractions and migrations between systems.
8. Implements and tests fixes to configuration issues in the TEST/DEV application environments. Validates that application configurations deliver needed business functionality and work correctly with other applications.
9. Achieves in-depth knowledge of software to serve as a bridge between end users and vendor implementation and support staff. Responds to vendor?s technical questions.
10. Troubleshoots problems or questions from users.
11. When necessary due to project, participates in regular day-to-day communication with vendor?s implementation team reviewing the software, analyzing business operations, and working with end user and vendor to tailor system to the organization.
12. Submits project status updates/reports to management. Completes assigned tasks on schedule and updates the associated task record. Provides regular project updates to stakeholders.
13. Adheres to departmental change, problem, and incident processes. Communicates with colleagues to coordinate change management activities and completion of tasks.
14. Applies project management ideology to execute project plans. Participates in time tracking activities and maintains accurate reporting of work time. Provide on-call application or advanced troubleshooting support as requested.
15. Aids trainers when needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to communicate on a professional level with customers and staff
Strong MS platform knowledge including Windows Server and MS Office
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on customer service
Ability to work in a fast paced work environment while maintaining a high level of quality
Demonstrates ability to take direction from management
Applies updates, upgrades and migrates environments based on technical documentation
Accurate and logical problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
Strong initiative and proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
Strong knowledge of security concepts, granting and removing user permissions
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Subject to interruptions
Occasionally subject to long and/or irregular hours
Occasional travel required
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.