Center City, Philadelphia, PA
- Assesses, plans and provides comprehensive patient care independently or in autonomous collaboration with other health professionals. Educated and trained at university graduate level, nationally Board Certified in specialty area based on RN licensure and state authority for advanced practice. Familiar with advanced concepts, practices and procedures within chosen field of expertise. Relies on extensive experience and professional judgment requiring creativity and latitude.
- Collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary health team to help meet patient care goals.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Continuously work in direct communication with patients, physicians, staff, pharmacists, radiology and various other departments within the health system in order to coordinate patient care.
- Directly assist physicians in performing the following duties: telephone triage, medication dispensing, obtaining specimens for laboratory analysis, scheduling and preparing patients for diagnostic tests, preparing the patient and facility for procedures, collecting information relevant to the patient’s care, and contacting other departments to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Admissions: history and physical, admission orders, patient assessments.
- Provide followup for neuro inpatient consults
- Inpatient care: daily assessment and intervention for patients on the neuro service
- Discharge planning
- Orient patient and family to the health system.
- Provide a safe environment to patients while in our care
- Provide patient advocacy in ensuring adequate patient care
- Maintain yearly certification in CPR
- Provide nursing care based on the documented consistent assessment of each patient’s unique needs – in an ongoing process.
- Analyze data collected as basis for planned nursing interventions and meeting the educational needs of the patient.
- Identify high risk, high population patients i.e.: identify special needs and requirements of certain patient types that will need to be met repeatedly and for which the staff could be trained to handle in routine
- Evaluate outcomes and reassess nursing interventions as often as needed.
- Act as liaison and resource person for patients, family, their significant other, physicians, technologists, dieticians and social worker.
- Orient patients/family to the department as well as their anticipated special needs.
- Medicate patients as prescribed by the physician.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Two (2) years critical care (preferred).
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code