Full Time Acute Care Nurse Practitioner: Medical Intensive Care
- Job Number: 00129947
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Corporate Services Center
- Employment Type: Full time
- Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift
- Hours: 40
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Our providers are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse will assess, consult, educate, and manage patients in an atmosphere serving each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. The APN is accountable for the delivery of advanced practice nursing in collaboration with medical staff in accordance with the APRN's Standard Care Arrangement.
This critical care opportunity is full-time. 12/HR shift with weekend/holiday rotation. In this role you will be credentialed to do procedures. Excellent compensation, benefit eligible and annual CME stipend. This opportunity will be based at Mount Carmel Grove City Hospital.
- Manages the care and treatment of patients as indicated in the professional scope of practice and within current standards and protocols.
- Develops a comprehensive plan of care with the patient/family consistent with established guidelines
- Practices within the guidelines of a Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician.
- Initiates and leads performance improvement activities with a focus on achieving top quartile on clinical indicators.
- Masters required in Science, Nursing or specialty field. Graduate of Advanced Practitioner Program.
- Advance Practice Experience in Intensive care is desired.
- Current License as RN in Ohio. Certified as Advance Practice Nurse in designated specialty. Holds current Certificate of Authority (COA) from the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Hold current certificate to prescribe (CTP) or eligible for certificate to prescribe externship(CTP-E) from the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- BLS provider certification
- DEA license
- ACNP Certification
- Strong clinical assessment and analytical skills
- Self-directed professional with strong organizational skills
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.