ACT Program Psychiatrist
- Req. Number: 2019-23819
- Posted Date: 4/9/2019
- Shift: 1-Day
- Address: N/A
- City, State: Reading, PA
- Department: THMG Psychiatry OH
Ranked in top 5% nationwide for patient safety; HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award; Academic Affiliation with Thomas Jefferson University; Level I Trauma Center; Busiest ED in Pennsylvania with 137,000 visits annually, including a 16-bed Pediatric Emergency Medicine Unit and a 10-bed Psychiatric Emergency Services Unit; Ranked in top 5% of hospitals nationally for financial accreditation.
Berks County offers excellent schools, colleges, parks, and a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping and sporting attractions are in the vicinity. You will enjoy country living with easy accessibility to shore points, two airports and major metro areas, such as Philadelphia, Washington DC and New York City.
Reading Hospital, a 750-bed tertiary care facility located in West Reading, PA, is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Adult Psychiatrist to help serve the Berks County, PA population in its Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Program.Details for this part-time ACT Program position:
- 20 hours of patient care per week
- Office located across the street from Reading Hospital's main campus
- Patient age is 26 years and older
- Patients suffer from serious mental illness and have histories of hospitalization
- Goal is to keep them out of the ED and prevent readmissions
- Average of 60 patients within the program at any given time
- Physicians go with therapists to patient homes within the community; Occassionally patients will come to the office location as well
Additional Psychiatric services offered by Tower Health, but not within this provider's job description, include: An 18-bed medical complexity unit, a 20-bed residential substance abuse detox and rehab, 40-bed state-of-the-art inpatient psychiatric pavilion for adult patients, a dedicated C/L service, and extensive outpatient services throughout Berks County including partial hospitalization. Other services include Medication Assisted Treatment, Behavioral Medicine Pain Management, and a Senior Assessment Program.
- Competitive salary
- Educational loan assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Attractive physician incentive program
- Generous CME stipends and time off
- Claims-made malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- 403b and 457b retirement plans with company match through Lincoln Financial
- Excellent health/dental/vision benefits
- Spousal job search support
MD or DO; Board Certified/Board Eligible in Adult Psychiatry.