Accounting Assistant - Accounts Payable
Req ID: 33227BR
Job Summary: Processes payments on a timely basis to vendors according to hospital policy and good accounting practice.
- Maintains complete and orderly control of all documents including invoices, credits, statements and correspondence related to assigned vendors. Knowledge of system and hospital procedures, within the context of vendor invoicing and payment, is essential.
- Resolves problems with invoices which cannot be processed. Such problems include incorrect PO numbers, receipts not recorded in system, and unit conversions. Problem resolution requires clear/concise communications with various hospital employees (e.g. end users, purchasing personnel) in a professional manner. Follow through to problem resolution is a must.
- Processes credits issued by vendor, determining propriety and proper accounts to be credited. Responds to vendor inquiries concerning remittance and hospital procedures for ordering and payments of goods and services in a professional concise manner.
- Processes and maintains accounts payable invoice emails for designated vendor letters. Reviews vendor statements and past due invoices, investigates old items and resolves outstanding issues with vendors and responsible persons.
- Participates in departmental meetings to review problem transactions and delinquencies. Prepares files for scanning.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.